Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

12 April 2013

How not to worry

From the mouth of a seven year old very close to my heart after he overheard my husband and I talk about being worried about something.

I know how to stop worrying.
Think about us.  (Which for us means our two boys.  You will need to insert your own favourite small or big people into the formula.)
Then have a drink of water.
And then sing a song.

Spontaneously delivered, wise and wonderful advice.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful! Seven-year old boys have a unique window into deep thought every now and then, don't they?

Petrina said...

Thanks, I'll try to remember that :)

Meredith said...

Thanks Deb and Petrina. :-) I actually have a policy of not blogging about the kids but this one was too special. The advice is just too good.
Mx