Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:4-7

12 July 2015

Everyday Gratitude

If you have been reading this blog for a while there are a couple of things you may have picked up about me. 

Firstly, I like to keep the comings and goings of daily life in a paper diary.  And the best format for me is A5, a week to a page so that I can see the whole week in one sweep (and as I have mentioned before, if I find I need more diary room for planning out my days than what is offered by a page for a week  I figure I need to reassess my life, not my diary format) and room for a TO DO list.

Secondly, you would know that I am pretty keen on the idea of gratitude.  I've blogged about it plenty over the years and gave the whole of April this year over to practicing the art.  I first discovered the power of gratitude when I was at university, fell into a slump and finally pulled myself out of it after setting myself the task of writing down two things I was grateful for at the end of each day - even if all I could muster was that the sun came up and the sky was blue .  I was amazed at how quickly my mood shifted.

So I have been absolutely delighted to discover someone who has launched a project that combines these two loves of mine. 

 
 
The Everyday Gratitude Diary is a crowdfunded project developed by a lovely person named Rebecca who has also worked out the power of gratitude in every day life.  And she has created a diary for 2016 that seamlessly moves gratitude into the rough and tumble of daily life.  It's a magnificent idea and it's going to be a beautiful diary.  I've pledged my support, and in doing so, will receive a few copies - Christmas gifts for our older godchildren, a gift for a friend or two and one for me.  
 
Read about it here.  You can follow along on Facebook here.  Pledges have to be in by the end of July.  And 5% of profits will be given to the Black Dog Institute.  It doesn't get better than that.
 
Go for it.

No comments: